Check out this healthy and delicious mango salsa salmon. Not only is it under 400 calories, but it’s packed with nutritious ingredients that satisfy all kinds of food cravings. Add some broccoli or asparagus as a healthy, low-calorie side to complete the meal.
Total Calories: approx. 390 calories
- 2 skinless salmon fillets (3 ounces each) ~ 160 calories per serving
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp black pepper (to taste)
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp butter (optional) ~ 15 calories per serving
Mango Salsa Ingredients:
- 1 diced mango ~ 40 calories per serving
- I prefer Champagne mangoes.
- 1/2 diced red bell pepper ~ 10 calories per serving
- 1/2 diced red onion ~ 15 calories per serving
- 1 clove of fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup dry brown rice = 1.5 cups cooked ~ 150 calories per serving
- Cook rice in a rice cooker or on the stove, according to package directions.
- Heat grill to 400 degrees.
- Heat a small pan to medium heat.
- Season each salmon fillet with half of the garlic, black pepper, and garlic powder. ***I like to season both sides to distribute the flavor.
- Place each fillet on a greased or sprayed square of aluminum foil. Top each fillet with 1/2 tsp of lemon juice and 1/2 tsp of butter. Fold the foil over fillets and seal tightly.
- Place salmon on the grill and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Mango Salsa (while salmon is cooking):
- Lightly spray the heated pan.
- While the salmon is cooking, sautee red bell pepper and red onion for approximately 7 minutes or until onions become more translucent and peppers begin to soften.
- Stir in fresh garlic and heat for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
When the salmon is done, spoon out 3/4 cup of cooked brown rice onto a place. Place the cooked salmon fillet on the rice, and top with as much mango salsa as you desire. ENJOY!!!
See you next time!