First Steps Home Fitness (Phase 1)
First Steps Home Fitness is the ultimate exercise program for beginners. You will make exercise a daily habit while learning and implementing the basics to help you develop a strong foundation. With just 12 minutes a day, minimal equipment, and a full refund policy, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
Phase 1 focuses on making exercise a daily habit, improving posture, increasing strength and flexibility, and improving cardiovascular endurance. We will work on your joints and in your core while strengthening weak muscles and stretching out tight ones related to a modern-day lifestyle. We will explore simple, safe exercises so you can feel confident and empowered in your fitness journey. Rest assured: if you are unhappy with the program for any reason, request your money back within 30 days of purchase and receive a full refund! Scroll to the bottom of page for a list of FAQs.
- 30 day program with both video and written exercise instruction
- 11-13 minute exercise routines
- Daily mindset coaching to make exercise a habit
- Standing options so you never have to get on the floor if that's uncomfortable
- Exercise library with written, picture, and video tutorials
- Supplemental PDF handouts to enhance your experience
- Flexible options to fit any schedule
- Lifetime access
- Access to a wall
- Sturdy chair that you can sit in
- Floor space
- Tennis ball
- Knee cushion (optional)
No gym required. My programs are designed to be completed from the comfort of your own home.
Meet Your Fitness Goals
90 Day Refund Policy
If you are unhappy with a program for any reason, request a full refund within 90 days of purchase.
These are some frequently asked questions about the program. I will update this section as more questions come in!
- How long are the routines?
- What if I can’t get on the floor?
- How long is Phase 1?
- What should I expect each week?
- Should I do more exercise outside of this program?
- What if I become sore, sick, or injured?
- What can I do if the website or videos are slow?
- How can I watch the videos on my TV?
- What should I do after the program is over?
How Long Are the Routines?
Each video is 11-13 minutes long. I tried to keep them to 12 minutes as much as I could without sacrificing quality. Therefore, some videos are just a tad longer. =)
What If I Can’t Get on the Floor?
No worries! I have standing options for every single floor exericse, so you literally never need to get on the floor if that’s uncomfortable or inaccessible for your amazing body. =)
How Long Is Phase 1?
Phase 1 is 30 days long if you do one video each day. If you skip days, it can take longer.
- It’s important to emphasize that you are a HUMAN and not a machine! You are busy, and life happens. Just do your best to show up and complete the program at a pace that works for you. It’s totally fine if this takes more than 30 days to complete! Try your best, but don’t ever beat yourself up. Be kind to yourself. Celebrate the small wins. =)
What Should I Expect Each Week?
Every day, you will have an exercise routine and a mindset coaching section. The mindset coaching is optional but it’s wonderful for making the necessary mental shifts towards exercise as a habit!
Week 1 is an introductory week where we learn the basics. We start practicing cardio, strengthening, and flexibility exercises and stretches. We also cover everything you need to know about posture from head to toe!
Weeks 2-4 focus on improving posture, strength, stamina, and flexibility. We will first learn how to stabilize our joints and muscles for proper form. Then we will build on this foundation with mobility exercises to strengthen our weak muscles. The stretches will increase flexibility in the places where we store most of our tension, stress, and pain. We will also work to improve our cardiovascular endurance and heart health through bodyweight cardio exercises.
- Each week, you will have 2 days of cardio, 2 days of upper body strengthening, 2 days of core strengthening, and 1 day of flexibility training.
The last two days of the program explore self-massage in our upper and lower body muscles and fascia to help decrease pain and tension and improve flexibility.
Should I Do More Exercise Outside of This Program?
The most important thing is to build dailty habit of exercise. Just doing the videos and nothing else will help make this a habit for you.
With that being said….more movement is always a good thing! I encourage you to engage in activities that you have enjoyed in the past but have not done as much lately. If you like bowling, doing yoga, playing active games, riding your bike, dancing, etc., try to find a way to incorporate it into your life in a fun, fulfilling way again.
For ideas on how to fit more movement into your life, read this article here: How to Fit More Movement Into Your Life
What If I Become Sick, Sore, or Injured?
If you are…
Sore: Sometimes when we exercise, we can develop soreness in our muscles that may linger for several days. If you are still sore and scheduled to do a routine that involves the sore muscles, take an extra day or so off until the soreness goes away. For example, if your shoulders are sore from a previous workout and you are scheduled to do Upper Body again, take a day or two off until the soreness in the shoulders is gone.
Sick: Take as many days off as you need to until you are no longer sick. You should not do moderate or strenuous exercise while sick. Light exercise like stretching and walking may be okay while sick, depending on your illness. Consult with a doctor to see what you can and cannot do while sick.
Injured: If you experience an injury while doing this program, do not do any routines involving the injured part of your body until you see a doctor and get medical advice on how to proceed.
What Can I Do if the Website or Videos Are Slow?
If the website and videos are taking a long time to load or keep pausing, try some of the following tips:
- Close all your other internet tabs. Having multiple tabs or windows open for your internet browser can slow down your computer and make other websites take a longer time to load.
- Close other programs and applications on your computer. If your computer has multiple programs open, it has to use power for multiple things and can create slowness across the board.
- Try another browser. For various reasons, your current browser may not be working properly. Try another one such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari (Apple).
- Try clearing your cache. If the above three options are not working, try clearing your cache on your preferred internet browser. This article here explains what cache is and how to clear it for optimal computer performance.
- Check your internet connection. If none of these options are working, you may have a weak internet connection. Wi-fi is not as strong as using an ethernet cable, so you may want to connect your computer to your internet router through an ethernet cable.
How Can I Watch the Videos on My TV?
As of right now, the platform I host my videos on does not have the capability to cast videos to your TV. However, you can connect your phone or laptop to your TV through an HDMI cable.
Here are some links to purchase HDMI cables for various devices from Amazon (you can find these cables in other large stores as well):
**Please note: Due to technology variations among different devices, the above cables may not be compatible with your specific device. Always check the specifications to see if they are compatible with yours! You can also search the internet for “_____ HDMI cable.” Fill in the blank with your device name!
What Can I Do After the Program Is Over?
Keep exercising! If you enjoyed this program, I strongly encourage you to check out First Steps Home Fitness Phase 2 or my other at-home programs.
If you do not see an answer to your question, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be sure to get back to you as quickly as I can!